Matcha is a finely ground powder made of whole Japanese green tea leaves. When you brew your usual green tea, you’re essentially throwing away most of the goodness because water can only extract a fraction of its benefits. The majority of the valuable antioxidants and minerals actually remain unused, trapped in the tea leaves. Matcha is the stoneground tea leaves, which are unheated to preserve their nutrients and far less processed than regular green tea leaves, so by drinking it you gain all of the benefits from this uber powerful superfood.
Antioxidants rule because they prohibit (and in some cases even prevent), the oxidation of other molecules in the body – the major cause of ageing.
Like coffee, matcha contains caffeine, but instead of the jitters it gives you consistent energy without the crash. One serving of matcha provides 34mg of caffeine, which is the same as a cup of brewed coffee and half the amount of an espresso, however, the tea’s buzz is much more energising and longer-lasting. It’s thanks to the amino acid L-Theanine, which slows the release of caffeine and has a calming, relaxing effect.
Matcha was just a leaf few years ago, but NOW it is a lifestyle ==
Our matcha is sourced and grown from Japan, and it provides all the following health benefits:
- Full of antioxidants.
- Matcha Green Tea has the highest antioxidant rating of all major superfoods.
- Natural energy without the jitters.
- The combination of naturally occurring caffeine with l-theanine provides a stable and extended boost of energy without the usual jittery side effects of caffeine and stimulants.
- Helps with losing weight
- The major antioxidant called EGCG will increase metabolic rate during workouts, thus enhancing weight loss.
- Matcha leaves are shade-grown and, when you throw shade at plants, they produce extra chlorophyll in their leaves. Chlorophyll has powerful detoxifying properties including the ability to naturally eliminate chemicals and heavy metals from the body.
- Reduces inflammation and reddness
- L-theanine is a rare amino acid found in high concentrations in matcha that crosses the blood-brain barrier and promotes a feeling of relaxation while reducing mental and physical stress.
- Great for Immunity
- EGCG binds to cells in the body and inhibits the growth of many disease-causing microorganisms including influenza A virus, Hepatitis Virus, Herpes Virus, and the bacteria that causes Strep Throat.
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A [carotene]
- Vitamin B1 [Thiamine)]
- Vitamin B2 [Riboflavin]
- Vitamin B3 [Niacin]
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin F [Fluorine]
- Vitamin P [Flavonoids]
With all this said, step in and try our matcha creations, hot or cold, sweet or unsweetened, we will leave you satisfied.
Don’t believe us? Listen to the Stuff You Should Know – Matcha: That Ain’t Just Tea Podcast from 6/25/2020